I've decided to make "avant garde" as my 2014 theme. Not only is it one of my favorite challenges on Project Runway, I love the synonyms for this word.
I feel like I've begun pushing myself outside of my comfort zone in 2013 and want to continue this avant garde way of living and thinking into this new year.
I have also made a list of goals (resolutions) for 2014. Hopefully I can stick with this list.
- Keep at least at 3.0 gpa. Sounds simple but grades are just not a priority for me this time around.
- I have a hard time just sitting still- I would like to go to the reservoir (or somewhere similar) and just sit with Sally. Even if I only do this once it would be progress.
- Get up early at least one day a week for some me/God time. Also I won't be rushed and my day will hopefully be better because of this.
- Join a bible study-possibly rejoin my Redeemer group or check out the single girl's group at Fondren Church that a classmate invited me to join.
- Be more intentional with dating and what I expect from my dating life. Yikes...this might be the toughest goal.
- Go on at least three really good dates with a man or men that are worthy of me.
- Paint my house shutters, my bathroom and the guest room (trim included in this room).
- Have a dinner party at my house that would make Martha Stewart proud.
- Plant a vegetable garden on the side of my house. Nothing big, maybe just squash or something simple for my first time gardening. The worst part of this is going to be digging out all the weeds in this area of my yard.
- When I come to anything with my former married name on it, I will change it immediately. Procrastination leads to that name still hanging around after a year.
- The obligatory lose weigh resolution. I'd like to get to my graduated school weight which is about 15 pounds lighter than I am now. Maybe I'll start wearing pants again if I can shed a few pounds.
As for the blog in 2014, I will be doing something a little bit different in January. I have been working on a series of 31 journal like entries that are extremely honest. Some may even raise a few eyebrows. Each day of January I will post one journal entry. I hope you will enjoy!
Cheers to 2013 for all it was and welcome 2014!