Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#differentlifephases

No less than 4 of my Facebook friends had babies today. And that is counting the husband and wife as just 1 friend. I say no less than 4 because every time I open FB there is another bundle of joy in one of those white blankets with the pink and blue stripes. Who knows how many more newborns will show up on my newsfeed before the night is over? I really do think it is such a wonderful blessing from God to know four people who welcomed healthy babies into the world today. So to celebrate I'm having an appetizer of popcorn along with my new favorite drink, a port and lemon, while I wait for my spaghetti to cook. 

If you haven't heard of a port and lemon you should. I first tried it at The Apothecary in Fondren. After a little Google research I learned that this is the drink of choice for elderly women in the UK. This actually makes me like it more for some odd reason. The recipe calls for Port (I substitute a cheap bottle of red wine) and soda water with lemon (I substitute 7-Up).  It is delicious! 


So congratulations to all my friends and their new adventures in parenthood! But for now I am quite happy to eat popcorn and spaghetti for dinner while drinking my glorified wine spritzer!

No comments:

Post a Comment