Sunday, May 12, 2013

Getting Uncomfortable


I've been wanting to start a new blog for a while now but haven't really known how to start. Plus, I couldn't think of an appropriate name for my blog.  I mean, how can I put my life into one short blog title?

I've been listening to "Kisses From Katie" on cd lately.  Its the story of a homecoming queen from Nashville who forgoes college to live in Uganda and raise her 13 adopted children.  What really struck me is when Katie talks about leaving her comfortable life to serve the Lord.  It got me thinking about my own life and how relatively comfortable I have always been.  And also how uncomfortable life has gotten over the past year.  God has taken me places I never in a million years would have thought I'd end up.  Its been painfully uncomfortable but through it all I am in a much better place than I ever was in my former comfortable life.  My prayer recently has been for God to continue to push me to places and people that make me uncomfortable.

So here I am, sitting in my childhood bed in my parents house where I have been living for the past two months.  This time last year I was happily married and living in my dream house.  I had everything I had ever dreamed about but was completely out of touch with God.  And then things started to get uncomfortable...

No comments:

Post a Comment