Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We to I

Today I went to nursing school orientation.  It was a bittersweet day for me.  I didn't want it to be this way but my mind tends to wander easily to the past.  Nursing school is a journey "we" began last May.   The decision was fairly easy to go back to school.  I knew I didn't want to stay at my current job so it was either school or job hunting.  JG and I discussed it and we made a plan for me to quit my job in July to start taking prerequisite classes.  We had great plans for us to eventually move back to the delta and nursing would be a guaranteed job.  Plus it can be very flexible once we started a family. I would finish nursing school by our third wedding anniversary and then we could start a family.  It was fun making this major decision together and planning out the next five to ten years of our life.   But as we all know the best laid plans often go awry.

"Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has he last word" Proverbs 16:1 (MSG)

So today I registered for classes and met the people I'll be spending most of my time with this next year.  And while this journey began as a "we", it continues as an "I".  It may be just me making major decisions now but I know I am not alone.  A year ago I would have called John George immediately upon leaving orientation to give him the run down on my day.  But today I can't think of anyone to call.    Sure I have people that would be happy to listen but its just not the same.  As I pulled away from school this afternoon tears starting streaming down my face.  Lots of tears. I called out "Jesus" and knew He would be there as He always is.  This is not how I would have imagined this day to be but I'm content with where I am.  I like my independence.  So as I say goodbye to the past year of preparation, I begin my nursing school journey.  I like that I am doing this myself.  And I thank God that He prepared the way for me to get a new beginning today.


No comments:

Post a Comment