Thursday, May 23, 2013

On a Night Like This...

They (the infamous "they") say you should take one month for every year of marriage to recover.  So that would mean I should have recovered sometime around May 1.  In a lot of ways I do believe that I have moved forward.  But my heart is still broken from the pain of divorce.

How can it possibly still hurt so much?  Tonight I noticed that John George has blocked me from his Facebook.  From my account it looks like he no longer exists on FB.  It bothers me.  How can someone that I trusted my whole life with block me out completely?  And not just on FB but in everything.  It just blows my mind that the person who I was once most important to can treat me this way.  I just don't understand.  I don't think I will ever understand.  It just isn't how my mind works.  I live in a state of perpetual innocence only believing the good in people.

The pain really isn't about him anymore.  It's about what he represents.  He is the promise I made to God that I broke.  He is all of my trust and hope destroyed.  He is my innocence gone.  And while I know time will make my memories of him fade to almost nothing, he is a part of my life that I can never  totally erase.  Nor do I want to totally erase him.

And so on a night like this, when it is easy to get sad I just remind myself of the unfathomablely awesome plans that I know God has for my life and also JG's life.  We are linked together forever and I'm ok with that.  Not because I still long to be with him but because of the things I gained from him.  From the first day JG said he wanted a divorce, I have prayed that I would not have bitterness toward him or his family.  And I will say that God has been very faithful in answering that prayer.

Jeremiah 29:11

Some people may think I am naive or unrealistic but I still know there is good in him despite what has happened.  There is goodness and hope in everything I do these days.  I thank God for that. It is going to be a glorious future.

"Chin up." -Charlotte's Web




No comments:

Post a Comment