Saturday, June 29, 2013

Nightly Rambling Thoughts

I think a lot at night.  My thoughts ramble to subjects that I try to forget during the day.  These are my thoughts tonight. 

I expect too much from people.  Eventually everyone lets me down. Eventually everyone gets to a point where they just don't understand me and the way I feel.  There is no one who can meet my needs all the time.  I have such little faith in humanity right now. Humans are so self centered.  Such selfish creatures we are.  It disgusts me.

I don't even know how to not be selfish.  Does anyone? Probably parents.  Parents have to be selfless when it comes to their children.  And spouses should be selfless toward each other.  But that isn't always the case.  And maybe some friendships are selfless.  But I don't expect to find this.  Not to knock my friends.  Its just that we all have our own lives and priorities and we must be selfish to one person in order to be selfless to another.  Right? I don't know.  I just know that my faith in men is not what it used to be.  My hope for good in people is slipping through my fingers. I'm trying to grasp that childlike faith in humanity but the world has jaded me. 

I was told back in the fall that I was naive to the ways of mankind.  Well I guess I've been enlightened.  But I still just refuse to give up all that naivety.  I've just got to hold onto some kind of hope for people.  That we can be more than just our sinful, fallen selves.  That we can look outside of our broken bodies and learn to see Christ.  To really seek Him and let Him sanctify us as we travel this journey.  This journey that sometimes brings us to the point of no hope, only to remind us again and again that there is something much greater than us.  There is a purpose for our lives.  And that no matter how selfish we humans are and always will be, the Lord is not selfish.  The Lord is selfless and loves us perfectly.  He loves us the way that humans fail to love us. 


John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment