Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Room A Day: day 2 & 3

I'm still doing good with my room a day challenge. The house is at least looking cleaner. I haven't done much additional unpacking so nothing is really decorated yet. But I did have time to work on the cabinets in the butler's pantry. They aren't perfect yet but I'm liking the over all look. Just a few more small tweaks and I think I will be satisfied. 


I'm using my everyday dishes in here and saving the fine stuff for the china cabinet. 


I'm also still working on what to do with the serving part of the buffet area. There are cloth napkins in that copper piece. I've been using them instead of paper. Not really because I'm into being green but more so because I haven't gone to buy paper napkins. I actually really like using cloth napkins. It makes me feel fancy even when I'm just eating frozen pizza! 

Here is the other side of the room. Work in progress for sure. But honestly this house is so cute it doesn't take much to make it look good. Thank goodness!


This next picture is only to prove I actually cleaned up the dining room. It in no way reflects what the finished product will look like. It's got tons of potential though! 


Fun story about this room. I had professionals come in to paint the walls and ceilings. I love the cream on the walls but the ceilings were a bummer. I wanted blue but picked the wrong shade. So after having professionals paint, I spent an entire afternoon re-painting the ceilings. Out of sheer laziness I didn't want to go get the paint remixed so I just dumped my bedroom paint color into the original ceiling color. I like how it turned out. Subtle blue and very warm. 

 
So that is it, day 2 and 3 complete and two more rooms at least straight and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment