Monday, July 8, 2013

On the Lighter Side...

Believe it or not I do like to have fun!  And I have a lot of it! I feel like my blog is always so serious.  So here are some of the highlights from my past three weekends. I am blessed with incredible friends!

Mid-June I took a trip to Nikki's cabin on Smith Lake in Alabama.  A girl's weekend at it's best! And I got to use (try out) my nursing skills when Kristi twisted her ankle.  Definitely not the highlight of the weekend but I did show off my palpation skills.  :)  I'm so glad that  Nikki and her friends from Starkville let me be a part of this weekend.  You know the feeling of just being yourself? That is exactly how I felt all weekend.  I haven't been so relaxed in I can't even remember when!

Captain Nikki

Awesome to go wine glass.  Thanks, Katy!

Kristi, pre-ankle injury

Janna and Erica up front

June 28, I was honored to be a part of Katy and Dave's wedding.  Katy was gorgeous.  I actually teared up when I first saw her in her dress and all dolled up. The reception was fabulous.  Honestly, one of the most fun weddings I have attended! I stole a few of these from facebook...







Definitely having a good time!

And then to round out my busy weekends, I took a trip to the Mississippi gulf coast with Mallory to visit her family for the 4th.  Hamburgers, hotdogs, swimming pool, old stomping grounds, Edd's Drive In, reading not for school and the cutest little sixth month old there ever was! Plus we stopped in Magee on the way home for some gooood Mexican!

Did I also mention that he is the happiest child ever?

So that is what I have been up to lately.  Now on to week seven of nursing school and to study for test number twelve of this summer.  Bluh!

2 comments: