Monday, July 15, 2013

First Room Completed!

The sunroom has quickly become my favorite room in my house. It's the perfect Sunday afternoon reading/napping spot. I just love it. And since its the smallest room in the house I decided to tackle it first when it came to decorating. 

This is how the previous owners had it decorated. It really did look good and fit with the house so well. It was just a little darker than I prefer. 

And here is the room now from the same angle. 

I painted the walls light blue and decided to take a leap by painting the ceiling a fire orange. I'm thrilled with the result. I promise I'm not trying to be artsy with this photo. I just wanted to make sure y'all got a good look at the ceiling!

My MeeMaw's antique rocking chair sits in one corner. 

And my Nanny's antique tea table complete with her tea cups sit on the wall opposite the daybed. She left me specific instructions to use that table with those tea cups on it. And she was right! It does look good! I also love how well this painting goes with the look of the room. I won it at a silent auction a few years back. Silent auctions are about the only way I can afford original artwork. PS look at the original door lock chain hanging at the top of the door. Character!

Here are a couple more pictures of the whole room. I just love the windows and the glass pane doors leading to the den and dining room. 


I realize I used "just love" an annoying amount of times in this post but it is true, I just love this room. It is modern and light yet very homey.

No comments:

Post a Comment