Thursday, July 25, 2013

What I Have Been Reading...and my guilty pleasure tv

I've gotten on a huge reading kick lately.  Google search: fiction divorce book. Several reading lists later I came across Gone Girl.  And then once I finished that, Amazon recommended Before I Go To Sleep and The Silent Wife.
 


I loved Gone Girl.  It is about a woman who frames her no good husband for her own murder.  I must admit that it took it me until I go to about 90% through the book to feel like the wife was the bad guy. I'm going to chalk up me siding with a sociopath to my current post divorce revenge state of mind.  Not that I actually want to get revenge but I do love to daydream of printing the secret Archer family mint julep recipe in the Delta Democrat (Greenville newspaper/small town where JG is from and parents still live).  Did I mention that the recipe is hand written on his mother's stationary and says "welcome to the family"?  Now that I am admitting this I officially can't act out this revenge.  Or I guess I will be the number 1 suspect if I do this.


Before I Go To Sleep, also a good book.  A 50 First Dates kind of book.  A woman wakes up every morning with no memory of the past twenty years or so.  She remembers nothing about her husband and forgets him every night when she goes to sleep. She finds a hidden journal instructing her not to trust her husband. 
 

 


 And lastly The Silent Wife.  This was my least favorite of the three.  But still it was a good read...if you check it out from the library.  Don't pay for it.  You find out in the first chapter that the couple isn't actually married.  They have just been living together for twenty years. Maybe I am just too traditional but that kind of ruined the story for me.  I just don't relate to that lifestyle.  Anyways, the book is about a man who has an affair and his wife plots his murder.  The writing style is just a little dry for my taste.  Its very straight forward.  Although I do like the "wife's" sense of style and her classy nature.

So are you sensing a theme in my reading choices?  All part of the healing process, right?

And just because HBOgo is the best thing since sliced bread....I'm obsessed with Big Love.


I am about half way through season 4 and will probably finish by next week.  I currently love Margene and Nicki.  I currently dislike Barb and Bill.  Barb is so boring.  Does anyone else watch Big Love? I'm told the ending will blow my mind.  I can't wait!









1 comment:

  1. As a divorce attorney, I should read some of these.

    ReplyDelete