Monday, July 22, 2013

A Room A Day

The house has gotten a little out of control. I'm a huge procrastinator so most of the house has not been unpacked. My goal this week is to get a room a day cleaned and organized. I started with the kitchen. I'm pretty much done with my makeover to the kitchen. You have seen the countertops and I've also updated the cabinet nobs by painting them silver. This weekend I finally got around to painting the chalkboard wall in the kitchen. I really like how it turned out!  



The old ironing board cabinet makes a great spice rack. I bought this little bulldog bottle opener back in October but never got to use it in my other kitchen. And then the fridge is updated simply because I covered all the scratches and paint marks with pictures. 


Have I mentioned Sally has her own door in the kitchen? It's the most expensive thing I've bought since I moved in ($150!?!?) and the little "princess" won't use it. She actually won't even go outside by herself anymore. So rotten!


And then lastly, the laundry room is also part of the kitchen so I figured that was included in today's room organization endeavor. It was pretty gross. I bleached just about everything in this tiny closet including the inside of the washer and dryer. I'm not sure how something that's main purpose is to clean can get so gross. I'm pretty proud of how well everything fits now. 


Day 1 of "a room a day" challenge is complete and a success!

1 comment:

  1. Your house is looking great....and more finished than ours!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Here's the info: http://simplyshepards.blogspot.com/2013/07/some-fun-questions.html

    ReplyDelete