Friday, January 17, 2014

17

Easter weekend 2008

It was one of those perfect moments where all is right in the world. I was in the backseat of a Jeep Cherokee riding down the highway that runs along the shore in Destin, Florida. The four of us had spent the day on th beach and were headed back to our condo. In the front were Danny and Christen. In the back, I sat next to Mr. Valentine. (You remember him from my earlier numbered posts?) The windows were down and the breeze was perfect. "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett played on the radio. 

To this day I still feel like I'm in that perfect moment when I hear that song. It takes me back to a time when I was in love. A time before I really understood the  pain people can cause each other. 

I remember closing my eyes as Mr. Valentine reached for my hand. We all hummed along in perfect peace. It is a moment that I soaked up and wanted to never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment