Sunday, January 5, 2014

5

February 7, 2011

It was a Monday night.  It was just like any night.  I was cautious.  I had been burned.  I knew better than to trust any man.  We had met on August 12, 2010.  We made it official on October 1, 2010. 

We had never talked about the future. 

He asked the week prior if he could take me on a date, a real date to Walker’s Drive Inn.  This was typical.  I thought nothing of it.  I wore a $15 Gap t-shirt and leggings.  I told my roommate that he was annoying me that day.  He was.

He picked me up.  He looked amazing.  I doubt any other woman anywhere would have said this, but I did.  I loved his reseeding hairline and belly.  He was perfect. I can’t remember exactly what he wore but I know he looked good.   He was mine.  He was the most handsome man on earth that night. 

In perfect Mary Kendall style a Jehovah’s Witness knocked on the door at the same time he arrived.  Later John George told me he wanted to punch that guy.  I agree.  I want to punch them even when I’m not about to be proposed to.


No comments:

Post a Comment