Saturday, January 4, 2014

4

I Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley


Our first dance as a married couple.  “Only fools rush in”.  Is it true?  Did we rush in? I don’t know.  My classmate was talking about how she and her husband knew after a month they would get married.  That is how John George and I felt.  We didn’t even need to talk about it.  It just fit between the two of us.  And even though we ended in divorce I still believe we were meant for each other.  It was a perfect pairing.  We are human.  We make mistakes.  God allows those mistakes.  And yes, He allows us to suffer the consequences of those mistakes.  Thus my (our) divorce.  Most of the time I am glad I’m out of that situation with that particular family.  But in the moment I hear that song it takes me back to our wedding and why we fell in love.  “Take my hand, take my whole life too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment